Blackberry Basil Mezcal Smash
Mezcal is fast becoming a favorite spirit among the health-conscious because of its purity – it must contain 100% agave by law and is handcrafted the old-fashioned way. Its effect can be described as elevating and uplifting, and, when combined with some of your favorite beneficial local ingredients, can become your favorite summer spirit that doesn’t feel over-indulgent. Fresh and pure with just the right amount of earth and smoke. Like summer in a glass!
- 14 organic blackberries
- 10 fresh organic basil leaves and sprigs for garnish
- 4 oz Mezcal
- Juice from one organic lime
- 1 TB raw honey
- 1 can mineral water
- Make two skewers with three blackberries each and set aside.
- In a shaker, add the remaining blackberries, basil leaves, Mezcal, lime juice, and honey.
- Smash with a muddler.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour into two old-fashioned glasses, top off with a splash of mineral water, and garnish with skewers and basil sprigs.
|Servings Per Recipe||2|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser