Chilled Tomato and Chickpea Bisque
Tis the season for tomatoes. As the weather begins to warm up, we can’t help but think of vine ripened tomatoes and fresh basil. Pair some delicious tomatoes with chickpeas and almond milk for one of our favorite healthy summer soups. Serve in shooter glasses for a tasty hors d’oeuvre paired with Pinot Grigio or in a bowl as refreshing meal.
- 1 pint vine ripened organic tomatoes
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- ½ cup organic almond milk
- Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves and pesto for garnish
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, chickpeas, and garlic together. Blend until it looks smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a soup pot and bring to a very gentle boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- When ready to serve, stir in ½ cup almond milk.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Drizzle the top with virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Garnish with basil leaves or a dollop of freshly made pesto!
|Servings Per Recipe||3|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser