Chocolate Pecan Granola
Chocolate and pecans for breakfast? Why not??? We’ve always loved the perfect pairing of chocolate and pecans, and this combination will provide all the antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate and monounsaturated fatty acids found in pecans. So chocolate lovers, this breakfast is for you!
Chocolate Pecan Granola (serves 16)
- 3 cups rolled gluten-free oats
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup organic flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 2/3 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup miniature dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix together oats, pecans, coconut and cacao powder.
- In separate smaller bowl, stir together maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir together until well-mixed.
- Spread onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle immediately with chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Let cool and dry for two hours, break apart, and store in air-tight containers.
- Serve alone or with your favorite nut milk and fruit or yogurt.
|Servings Per Recipe||1|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser