Sweet Potato Tots
Combine your love of sweet potato fries with that nostalgia you feel for the school cafeteria favorite and what do you get? A crunchy-on-the-outside soft-on-the-inside delicious tot that will give you all the benefits that come with this root vegetable. One sweet potato gives you half your daily requirement for vitamin C and a healthy dose of vitamins A, E, B6, D, Magnesium and Potassium. Finishing them off in coconut oil imparts a delicate hint of coconut and healthy fats.
- 1 small organic sweet potato, mashed
- 1 small organic sweet potato, grated
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 TB organic chickpea flour
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients except the oil.
- Form small 1-inch ovals with the mixture and place on parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and fry tots, turning halfway, until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite organic ketchup or olive oil based chipotle mayo.
Yields about 24 tots, depending on size.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser