Yellow Summer Gazpacho
As record heat sweeps across the country, cool off with this variation on a summer classic! Yellow tomatoes have less acid than their red counterparts and provide a fantastic base for this yellow tomato gazpacho. A touch of honey adds just the right sweetness to this nutritional powerhouse that can be served as an appetizer or a light entrée.
- 4 yellow organic tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small organic cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 yellow organic pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cob fresh organic corn, cut off the cob
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow organic pepper
- 2 TB chopped fresh organic basil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp local honey
- juice from 1/2 organic lemon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place all vegetables into a non-reactive bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, honey, lemon and salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables and chill overnight or for about 8-10 hours or until the juices and flavors blend.
- Serve chilled and garnish with basil and avocado and creme fraiche if desired.
|Servings Per Recipe||3|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser